Norton Identity Safe allows you to create a cloud vault to save your confidential data. For accessing the cloud vault, you need to sign in to Norton account. You can go for creating one cloud vault for each Norton account but you can’t create a new local vault.
Keep this in mind that you can’t move the existing local vault data to the cloud vault after you updated your Norton setup product. But when you try to move Norton Identity Safe data from the local vault to cloud vault, then the data in the local vault can’t be used. Cloud vault allows you to use the Identity Safe data while you remain to be in the move.
To use the Norton Identity Safe cloud vault from any system, you need to be under network coverage to use the internet. For downloading it, you need to visit Norton.com/setup.
Here, in this article learn about the use of cloud vault in Norton Identity Safe-
- Open the Norton product main window.
- Click on the ‘Identity’.
- Select the ‘Identity Safe’
- In the Norton Account-
- Choose ‘Sign in’ option, if you already have an account.
- Choose ‘Sign up’ option, if you’re a new member of Norton.
- In the New Vault creation: Vault password window, enter your correct password.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Again, type the password to confirm and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- In the New Vault creation: password hint box, enter a hint for the password and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- If you already have a backup of your Identity safe data then click on the ‘import’ option.
- Select the backed up file to add to the new account.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ option.
The cloud vault is encrypted and can be used only after using your Norton Account and the cloud vault passwords. So to delete the cloud vault, you need to complete it manually. In case you uninstall Norton from your device, still, you can access your cloud vault from other devices.
Follow the steps to delete the cloud vault –
- Open the Norton main window.
- Click on the ‘Identity Safe’ option.
- In the Cloud Vault closed window, enter your password incorrectly for three times.
- Click on the ‘need to delete your vault?’ next to the ‘click here’ link.
- Select ‘Yes, delete my vault’ in the delete vault window.
- Choose ‘Yes’ in the warning dialog box.
- Click on the ‘Norton sign-in’ option and enter your valid password.
Select ‘Ok’ in the confirmation window.