A couple of months ago, in the summer, Amazon stated that it would roll out the Echo Dot Kids Edition. Apart from a goofier Alexa voice, this kids Echo version will also come with FreeTime. Alexa has been modified to interact with kids, typically 5-12-year-olds. With a simpler language and added parental controls, it comes with many advantages. Let’s check out the process of adding parental controls to Echo or Echo Dot.
How to set up FreeTime
To start with, you will have to activate FreeTime on each and every device. By doing this, you can ensure that the parental controls have been added to all Alexa devices.
Read More >> How to Fix the iPhone Flashlight Grayed out Icon
Here’s how you can activate FreeTime:
- Firstly, just launch the Alexa application on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android phone or tab.
- Now, press the menu (burger) icon located at the upper left-hand corner in order to open the complete list.
- Choose Alexa Devices from the list of options.
- Choose the device from the options.
- Now, browse to the General section.
- Tap on FreeTime.
- Turn the toggle switch next to FreeTime on.
- Now, choose Setup Amazon FreeTime.
- Enter the kid’s name, gender, and date of birth.
- Select any icon.
- Tap on Add Child.
- After that, press the Continue button.
- Key in the password for the Amazon account.
- Sign in to the account.
How to disable features
When the FreeTime is turned on, users will be able to enable or disable several features. They can determine whether to enable or disable each feature for their kids to use on the Echo device. Simply visit parents.amazon.com and all the devices that have activated FreeTime will get displayed. Now, you can simply modify the age filter, turn off access to smart home devices and determine which music services to make accessible. Users can also turn off the voice call feature, texting, Amazon music, etc. They can turn on a specific filter for blocking song titles or complete music services on the Echo device.
If your kid likes to use Echo even when it’s time to go to bed or to do homework, then you can pause it from one to twelve hours. Moreover, the Daily Time Limits is also an incredibly useful feature. This enables users to set a time limit for stuff such as apps, video, etc. This way, parents can monitor and control their kid’s screen time.
About us :
John is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup .